Cleaning all the rental properties you occupied at the end of your lease not only benefits your landlord but also you as the tenant. It for instance ensures that you get back your rent deposit amount in full and that you are leaving a good name behind. End of tenancy cleaning is however not easy, but an end of tenancy cleaning checklist is always provided to channel you through what is required to make certain that you are not leaving anything out. Landlords will give out their EOT cleaning requirements too, but here is the mother of all EOT cleaning checklist to use as your guide
Ensure that all the dust and dirt is taken care of in all the bedrooms. To clean the bedrooms from top to bottom, these are the areas you should concentrate on:
- Remove cobwebs on the ceilings and corners
- Wipe out accumulated dust on doors, windows, curtain rails and picture frames
- Wipe rechargeable surfaces- on the shelves, wardrobes and cupboards
- Vacuum both sides of the curtains and blinds
- Clean and polish pictures, mirrors, metal ornaments and wall hangings plus decorations and skirting boards
- Wipe light fittings, the lampshades and switches
- Walls- wipe dirt marks or repaint
- Clean power sockets and extension cords
- Vacuum the mattresses
- Scrub and polish hard floors
To thoroughly clean the bathrooms, these are the areas to pay attention to:
- Noticeable dirt and mildew in bathrooms
- Toilets, showers, tiles and baths.
- The basins, taps and fittings
- Remove any hard water stains and lime scale
- Clean all soap dispensers, radiators and towel rails
- Clean the plumbing behind the toilet
- Remove marks or stains on shower screens
- Clean and polish mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Wipe out taps, showerheads and other metal surfaces
- Clean the toothbrush area
- Clean the extractor fans
Since it is the most used part of the house, a lot of time and effort should be dedicated to the kitchen. These are the most important areas:
- Clean all worktops, countertops and sink area
- Clean the inside and out of cupboards, drawers and shelves
- Throw away any leftover food and carrier bags
- Remove any accumulated limescale
- Degrease the tiles and ovens, inside and out
- Clean extractors and knobs
- Remove any mold growth between grout
- Stack and organize the cutlery, utensils and other dining accessories
- Clean microwaves, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and all other appliances inside and out
- Remove rubbish and sanitize the bins
- Clean the windows, sills, ledges and frames
- Clean all woodwork in the kitchen including doors, handles, doorframes, furnishings and skirting boards
- Clean the radiators if accessible
- Plugs and side switches
- Scrub and vacuum the floors
Furnishings and carpets
All furnishings and carpets must be wiped, vacuumed and thoroughly cleaned where applicable:
- Wipe and polish all tables, worktops and countertop surfaces
- Remove all fingerprint marks and oil stains
- Polish sofa cushions and vacuum the sofa
- Dust and polish other wooden units
- Vacuum all carpet edges
- Move furniture to vacuum underneath. If possible, steam them.
- Remove any stains on the carpets
Cupboards, drawers and shelves
- Clear out all cupboards, drawers and shelves and clean inside and out
- Remove any unnecessary items or leftover goods
- Wipe their handles
Ensure that all appliances are lean and in perfect working condition-
- Remove any soap, food deposits and any mildew in the dishwasher.
Inspect and clean all filters.
Wipe the rubber seals and then move it to clean underneath and behind.
Clean the soap dispenser and its handles.
- Clean the washing machine of any stains or leftovers
Inspect and clean its filters and rubber seal
Move it to clean underneath and behind
Clean its handles and soap dispenser drawer
- Clean the tumble dryer inside and out
Inspect its rubber seal and filter
Clean its soap dispenser drawer
- Clean and degrease the oven, microwave, extractor fan, hob and grill
Remove any food deposits and grime
Clean the oven racks and grill pan
Inspect and clean their rubber seals and buttons
- Clean and polish the exterior of the toaster
Remove any food deposits and breadcrumbs
Clean its inside as much as you can
Degrease its handles and remove any grime
Hallway and stairs
- Dust and clean stairs and banisters
When the time to do the end of tenancy cleaning comes, you will realize that it is very easy to work with a checklist. Tick off everything on your checklist or tenancy agreement to ensure that you have taken care of everything your landlord requires of you. A EOT Cleaning checklist will make your work easier and save your time.
According to the London 1994 Electrical Equipment regulations all manufactures of electrical equipment must comply with the safety regulations contained in this clause. This is to ensure that all electrical tools have the required voltage limit that is safe to use within a specified scope. These regulations cover domestic appliances for a certain voltage. The components that need to conform to these regulations include all electrical appliances. These must bear the European conformity marking. As such there are two main types of components;
- Electrical components; this includes all the apparatus needed to accomplish a certain purpose. All such equipment need to satisfy the requirements of the 1994 British regulations.
- Non–electrical components; components which are classified in this group do not require to comply with the above mentioned regulations. However, the law still applies in the sense that the equipment still need to be safe for use and a 24 hour electrician london would know how to advice and do the job.
Responsibilities of an electrical manufacturer
The person who is identified in the European economic area (EEA) and is responsible for designing electrical equipment is named here as the manufacturer. He/she is expected to comply with the safety regulations. He should ensure the following;
- Safety; any event of death, personal injury, or shock, should be greatly minimized. This also includes any accidents involving people or domestic animals and property damage.
- Proper construction; all construction should adhere to good practice. The electrician or constructor for that property should implement all safe earthing procedures including insulations services.
- Harmony; the safety and construction procedures adhered to during electrical wiring systems need to be harmonized according to international standards. The standards are established by the International Electoral commission of London and include all the relevant details needed to justify the work of a qualified electrician.
Read more about electrial tips on Facebook
There are a number of methods to become a qualified teacher in London. The different methods available take care of all people who want to get into the teaching profession. The pathways to becoming a teacher in London is different for post graduates, undergraduates and high school diploma holders. In London you can become a teacher via these qualifications:
School Direct Teacher Training
School direct is a method of becoming a QTS by training on the job .Trainees are required to have an initial undergraduate degree in any subject , and a minimum of a C in GSCE English and Mathematics. School direct teacher trainees mostly find work in independent schools. However, to qualify for this your undergraduate degree should be relevant to the subject you want to teach. You will be teaching at the school you get accepted in while you undertake a QTS training.
Undergraduate teaching degree
A Bachelor of Arts degree in Education in London leads to a direct qualification for QTS. Such a degree takes 3 full years .In addition to full time training, trainees undertake a 4 months school experience placement .Trainees choose a subject of specialism in their first year
Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
The PGCE is another route to obtain a qualified teacher status in London. PGCE is available for both primary and secondary teaching in various universities. Prospective trainees need to have good command of their chosen subjects and clear focus of what age range they will be teaching. PGCE Courses are funded like undergraduate degrees. This higher education course takes two years and it allows graduates in any field to become qualified teachers within maintained schools.
Graduate Teacher Programme
This is on the job training similar to School Direct, but this one is salaried. GTP is for individuals who wish to make a career change, it gives them a chance to try out teaching. Individuals earn a salary as they teach within a selected school while they undergo ITT. Your school pays you an unqualified teacher’s salary.
Early Childhood Education degree
Early childhood education has grown to be a broad field of study attracting many prospective trainees. To enroll into this degree programme most institutions require a GCE A-level BBC. The qualified teacher status is automatically awarded to those who complete training and school placements
School Centered Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)
This is a one year training run by a group of schools, after which you are awarded a QTS. Trainees receive training within the school they are supposed to teach rather than at the university. Trainees spend most of their time in a primary or secondary school teaching students while receiving training from a qualified mentor. To get the SCITT opportunity you are required to approach potential schools in person and make your case. An honors degree and a minimum of C in GSCE English and Mathematicises required for this certification.
Despite the different methods and pathways to this profession, the skills, experience and the training needed remains the same. It is important to note that some independent schools and academies do not require their teachers to have a QTS.
Rubbish and waste can build up around the business premises at a moments notice depending on what type of company that you run.
As a UK business owner it is your duty to look after the premises that you and your staff work at and make sure it is clean, tidy and is a safe environment for all around.
There are certain laws in the UK that should be stuck to involving all types of waste and we go through a few in this short article.
Packaging: If you produce more that 50 tonnes of packaging you must register with the authorities to do so.
Vehicles: Vehicles that have are no longer useable or (ELV) which means end of life vehicles are classified as waste and must be disposed of in a suitable manner. Whoever you give the vehicle to after will need to comply with UK law and dispose of recycle in the appropriate manner.
Electrical Equipment: If your company sells anything electrical then it is your duty to provide information to your customers on how to dispose
Batteries: You must have a collection point available so all batteries are in one place ready for collection. This will include other electrical items like mobile phones, computer monitors and laptops.
All waste should be kept in suitable containers that ensure it is out of harms way and will not cause any obstructions. You will also need to organise a regular collection date for it po be picked up by a licenced company.
Here are some useful example inks below!
When you decide to be an Airbnb host, apart from the obvious fact that you will earn more from your extra space, you will also get an opportunity to make new friends. However, it is not always that straightforward; you’re not alone, there are many other hosts battling for the same clients/ guests as you. You need to convince, and give guests reason to pick your space, and not your competitors. Here are some few tips on how you can go about it
- Go the extra mile
Most people think that hospitality just ends by welcoming your guests with a smile and showing them to their rooms. However, if you want to standout you should be willing to go the extra mile of spending time with your guests, making them feel welcome and appreciated.
- Offer Food
Normally, all you need to do as an Airbnb host is to provide a comfortable living space with the best amenities. If you can, try and offer to prepare breakfast for your guests for the duration they will be renting. Have refreshments available all the time in the fridge. It might seem costly, but the long term benefits are worth it.
- Wash Sheets
Also, you can offer some extra services ike those offered in hotels like washing your guest’s sheets. Be happy while doing it, and you will be surprised at how better your reviews will be.
Read more about AirBnB host tips by YourWelcome
- Offer Transportation
Airbnb Guests visit from different parts of the UK and the world at large. Consequently, they would love to take a tour of the city or town they are residing once in a while. One way to make a better impression as an Airbnb host is by volunteering to chauffeur them around. You are the best tour guide since this is your home area; however, always seek their consent as some guests prefer exploring new places on their own.
- Be child-friendly
Some guests travel as a family. If you get such guests, ready your house accordingly. Make the house safe for kids; be friendly and gentle with them. Buy kiddy stuff that will make kids happy and you will win the hearts of their parents.
- Know What Your Guests Love
Before a tourist decides to rent out your space, always get a chance to speak with them. This is the seamless opportunity where you can learn about what they love. Are they vegetarians? Do they have any existing medical conditions that require special treatment? Such information will not just help you prepare for their arrival, but will also make them feel welcome and appreciated; a perfect recipe for positive reviews!
At first it does seem like a finding art which is affordable may be hard. But the truth is that finding art which is cheaper is now actually easier than ever. The internet has made finding art which is less expensive much easier, and there are some great sites to find the artwork you want as well…
Websites for Art
It can be overwhelming at first but it’s safe to say that if you’re looking for art, you will definitely find the right artwork you. There is a vast amount of choices on there…
If you still don’t think you can find the Artwork you enjoy you can always visit an affordable art fair…
A valid health insurance can save you much heartache and disappointment when it comes to accessing healthcare. This is especially true in times of emergencies. Ever since the inception of the European Union, citizens of member countries have continued to enjoy benefits of being part of this pact. This includes common currencies thus better and enhanced trade, improved transportation systems which encourage easy movement of people, goods and services and other government initiated incentives. Another great blessing for all UK citizens apart from the above mentioned, is the availability of a common health insurance card. Being in possession of a valid European health insurance card guarantees you will get treatment from a public health institution free of charge. So while you are visiting any of these European countries, you will still get treatment juts like a citizen of that country would. There are some instances where you will be required to pay a small percentage towards payment of the treatment. This is what is referred to as patient co-payment. These options will often depend on the regulations of your home country.
Read for explanation about EHIC card.
The card is your gateway to accessing medical care in times of emergencies or routine maternal checkup and care. But you need to remember that the card will not cover treatment if your specific purpose of traveling to a certain country is to give birth. The good thing about the card is that the recent UK referendum has not changed the rules of the card. You can still use your EHIC card as you did in the past. There are various online platforms and social media sites where you can get more information on how to apply and renew the card. You also have the option of downloading the EHIC App on your phone so as to get updates. Although the card is a blessing for UK citizens, it needs to be valid and in good standing for you to enjoy the services offered. Here a few things to keep in mind in order to get the most out of your EHIC card;
- Ensure it is valid; the card’s shelf life is 5 years. A recent study proved that a huge percentage of card holders are not aware of this fact and therefore stay with expired cards. You can renew the card even 6 months before the expiry date.
- Always carry it with you; when on vacation, there are some instances where you feel there is no need of carrying personal identification items. But in order to benefit from this card, you need to carry it with you at all times. In times of emergencies, the card will determine the kind of healthcare you will receive.
- The card is not a substitute for travel insurance; the card will not cover treatment in private hospitals or cover damages caused by lost or stolen property. Therefore ensure that you also carry your travel insurance card with you along with the European health insurance card. You can read more about EHIC here or apply for EHIC.
- Ensure the details are up to date; when applying for the card, you are usually required to fill in personal names, address, date of birth etc. ensure all these details are up to date before seeking treatment.
By keeping the above points in mind, you are guaranteed peace of mind as you travel within Europe. The European health insurance card (EHIC) has already helped millions of people gain acess to state healthcare free of charge, including their spouses and family members. By having the card, you will be protecting yourself from serious situations which could arise as a result of lacking an insurance card when accessing a hospital.
Photography is a creative and exciting career but while building your business, you will face riddles and challenges. However, with the right tools, some foresight and a lot of planning, you will be able to evade numerous of those challenges. You also have to know what to expect so you can be ready.
Business Plan– First, write a business plan from company like 69 drops Studio. This will help you through the start up stage. Of course, you have to write it well with solid planning and enough finances to keep you afloat until you start getting profits. Consider your services, your marketing plan and your target audience.
The Ideal Client- To stand out as a top photographer, you have to pick one trade and specialize in it, and then you can define your ideal clients. Knowing your clients means you will have a clear marketing strategy and you will know where to reach them.
Equipments– The results you get are highly determines by the quality of equipments you have. These are some of the most valuable assets so make sure you invest in them wisely. You need the right camera, varieties of lenses and a lot more. You need to have backup equipments in case things go south in an event but you can always rent the ones you don’t use often.
Have a Price Plan– This one can be a real headache for both beginners and professionals but you have to know what to charge, right? You have to know what it costs you to run the business without putting a strain on yourself so don’t let the clients tell you what to charge. Your business can come down easily that it will take to build it so do your math.
Website– there’s no need to have a complex website these days. All you need is a simple platform highlighting your work and your contacts with a photo studio hire.
Read more for Photography Industry Jobs, vacancies | Indeed.co.uk
You may realize that with time, you no longer need some covetable items that looked good in your small apartment. If you are going for a more sophisticated look, you can bring out the whole grown-up idea to life. At times you may be too comfortable around your house clutter. Be creative and get good storage supplies for them.
Things you need to get rid of in your new apartment;
- Grocery bags; if you do not need the grocery paper bags anymore just do away with them or look for a better storage unit to put them in.
- Bottles; clear out your used bottles from the bathroom shelves.
- Chipped utensils; if you have utensils that are chipped on the rim, decide where to place them or donate. They are worn out and can cause lip bleeding.
- Gallery wall; instead of doing photo collages like in your previous small apartment; sort out the pictures in a well-placed gallery wall that is more sophisticated.
- Framed posters; posters are no longer as fashionable as they used to be. If you want to express your love for something, try using hanging frames.
- Shoes; it’s often hard to give away your favorite shoes even though they are not fitting anymore. Yet, it’s always prudent to do away with them and buy better ones.
- Glass vases. If you have so many vases around the house that are not in use, donate some of them.
- Clothes; form a habit of donating clothes you hardly wear anymore. Clear out space in your closet rather than letting it look crowded and messy.
- Furniture; get rid of that cozy college couch that has lasted you through college. Sell it and buy good furniture from a top deisgner furniture store
See the best corner wardrobe for home.
Getting rid of the few unwanted items in and around your house gives you space to have better furniture and other household items
See more on Facebook for designer furniture
Hairstyles are important in projecting a certain image. It helps give you the confidence to face the world and a great hair style creates a great first impression. There are 2 main ways to describe a hair style; curly or wavy. I was attending a magician london event and there I saw curly and straight hairstyles.
Below you will find the main differences between curly and straight hair;
- Curly hair – Some people have naturally curly hair which comes about from the way the hair emerges from the scalp. Naturally curly hair is beautiful and unique, yet it also requires a high level of maintenance such as use of wide toothed combs, a strong hair conditioner and a hair stylist who takes great care in combing out and styling natural curls.
- For people with straight hair who desire curly hair, curly hair can be created using a variety of hair tools that create curls such as curling irons. This usually requires the use of heat and a curler to create the curls. Be sure to use a recommended stylist who knows how to use the tools without causing damage to the scalp or to the hair. It is also important the stylist advises how often you curl your hair because the high heat weakens hair over a period of time. It’s important to alternative hair styles to give your hair a break to allow it time to regenerate.
- Straight hair – This is hair that has a smooth, straight and sleek look. It is suitable for all types of hair. Naturally straight hair is easier to maintain than curly hair and has less knots and breaks less. It is important to keep straight hair glossy using hair products that give it a healthy glow.
Check the Pinner beauty Salon
Whether curly or straight, knowing how to maintain and keep your hair healthy is important for ones well being and general appearance.
Also find seo consultants